Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's really important???

We are living in a day and time when the media makes a big deal out of sick and pathetic stories that amount to nothing more than useless information. Why can't we hear about the good things happening in the world. There is some good news that some don't want you to hear. People are still being saved by the Grace of God. Revival is taking place in alot of churches and locations. Churches are helping many who are hungry, need clothing, fuel and many other necessities. Some say there are not any good people out there anymore. Well, I beg to differ with that opinion. I run into some of these giving, caring and loving people all the time. They are unsung heroes. People such as these do not look for the headlines or shout their good deeds from the house-tops. These are the types of news items I believe we need to hear about in this gloomy and downward spiraling world we live in. If you want to make a difference in the world you live in and in the people in your life, then be the kind of person looking for ways to help, share the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and extend a helping hand. We can either be a help or a hindrance to those around us. I choose to be a help, even if it means sacrificing myself a little. People are too selfish: "what's in it for me", "what will I get out of it", "who will hear about what I've done". WHO CARES??? If the Lord wants to use you to be a help and a blessing to others, let Him have the Glory for it. Many think the only way one can help is to offer money (which is scarce for most of us today), but we can help in alot of other ways. It's easier to just give a few dollars and feel we've done our part and forget about it. But, I've found sometimes folks just need an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on. Some just need a word of encouragement. Sometimes a simple prayer makes all the difference in the world. Whatever the need, let's listen to that still small voice inside of us and allow the Lord to use us to be a blessing to Him and others.

Until next time...May we allow the Lord to use us to be a blessing to others.

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT...

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Brother, I will be looking forward to reading this blog each time you post.
    I have found with mine that many more people are reading it than what you think. I will recommend it to some of my friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to read more
    melissaT

    ReplyDelete