Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Get your BUT out of the way.

Here is a sermon I preached in Revival service last Friday night.

Get Your BUT Out Of The Way
Luke 14:16-20
>Here we find 3 bidden to come to the great Supper.
1. I'd love to come, BUT I've bought some ground and I need to go see it.
2. I'd love to come, BUT I've bought 5 oxen and I need to prove them.
3. I'd love to come, BUT I've married a wife and she won't let me.
>Scripture records many, whom the Lord told to do something, except their BUTS got in the way.
1. MOSES - The Lord called Moses for a great task, except Moses's BUT got in the way: Exodus 3
A. "I don't know what to say" - vss. 10-14
B. "They will not believe me" - Exodus 4:1
C. "I can't, I'm not able, I'm uneducated" - Exodus 4:10-13
2. NAAMAN - Was a leper, the prophet told him to wash 7 times in the Jordan, except Naaman's BUT got in the way: II Kings 5:1-15
A. He expected some great show - vs. 11
B. He reasoned against the man of God's words - v. 12
C. He received cleansing, by obeying the Man of God who spoke the Word of God.
3. MARTHA & MARY - They knew Jesus could raise the dead, except their BUTS got in their way: John 11:1-35
A. Lazarus is sick
B. Lazarus dies
C. They found, even in the hardest times, Jesus comes through.
D. They said, "Lord, you're too late" - He's always on time!
4. THOMAS - He knew Jesus said He would resurrect, except his BUT got in the way: John 20
A. Thomas knew what Jesus had said.
B. "EXCEPT I SEE" - Many want to see everything, the Bible says - Faith
C. "Blessed are those who, having not seen, yet believe"
Someone will say, "I want to be saved, BUT not right now"
Someone will say, "I want to see someone saved, BUT I can't do anything about it"
Someone will say, "I want to get closer to the Lord, BUT He won't receive me"
Someone will say, "I want the Lord to bless, BUT I want to do things my way"
Someone will say, "I want to see Revival, BUT I'm not going to pay the price"
Someone will say, "The Lord's blessed this Revival, BUT it's over"
>We just need to get our BUTS out of the way and just believe, trust and obey the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment